[Interest] [ANDROID] problem with gestures and QToolTip

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Wed Feb 19 19:24:16 CET 2014

Hello all,

I am having several issues with gestures on Android (qt5.2.1)

Basically I have some QGraphicsWidgets in a scene, and for some of them
I want to do:

On tapGesture -> display the tooltip.
On tapGesture+move -> move the widget (the relevant flag is on)
On TapAndHoldGesture-> display the context-menu.

First of all, QToolTip::showText() is not working at all on Android. The
same code on Windows/Linux/Mac is working fine. Is there an issue with
QToolTip on Android?

Second, when I tap the widget and immediately remove my finger, I get a
tapAndHoldGesture anyway. If I set timeout for tapAndHold to say 2000ms,
I get the tapAndHoldGesture after 2 seconds, even though I am not
touching the screen anymore. I am looking at the gesture's state and I
can see Started and Finished, the finished state occuring while I am not
touching the screen anymore. Shouldn't it be Cancelled?

Last, I have not been able to catch a single swipe or pan gesture,
whatever I do with my fingers ;) I do get pinch gestures nicely if I
need them, but no way to get a pan or swipe.

Any advice or hint will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Philippe Lelong.