[Interest] Compile Speed Question regarding MOC

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 20:28:17 CET 2014

Am 19.02.14 09:21, schrieb Till Oliver Knoll:
> When you follow those advises and really need to change a header in some lower library class then the impact will be kept to a minimum :)

Just to get an idea from my "pet project" which mostly follows the
advices I gave:

Number of header files (including generated ones):

$> find . -name "*.h" | wc -l
72

About half of them are mocced:

$> find . -name "moc_*.cpp" | wc -l
30

With roughly 20'000 number of lines (headers and sources, including
comments and generated code) I get:

$> time make -j4

real	0m16.953s
user	0m58.294s
sys	0m4.159s

That is about 17 seconds for a full rebuild, including
generating/parsing all moc/ui files. On an "Mid 2011" iMac with 8 GB RAM
running at 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7.

Cheers, Oliver