[Interest] QMake incremental build issues

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:34:09 CET 2014

Am 24.02.2014 um 17:49 schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:

> Em seg 24 fev 2014, às 17:41:44, Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal escreveu:
>> This means some file dependencies are not handled well. Maybe my .pro has
>> some errors that cause this?
>
> Yes, it's possible.

Factoring away the Usual Suspects - file timestamp differences after a merge with changes from a different computer with a different opinion on the "current time", source files stored on a network share whose server has yet another opinion on "the current time" - the most trouble I have observed so far was with generated UI files: that is, after modifying a *.ui file (e.g. with Qt Creator) qmake does not (sometimes) update the corresponding moc_*.cpp and ui_*.cpp (?) files. And compilation fails.

I usually resolve this by removing all "GeneratedFiles" directories (I tell moc and uic to store all generated files in such directories, so they are easy to tell apart from my actual sources) and then the files are properly re-generated.

I think I have read somewhere (Qt Blog comment about QtCreator 3.0.1 release?) that qmake had some issues with "certain dependencies"...

Cheers,
  Oliver