[Interest] iOS 7 - Audio Recorder Example - no service found for "org.qt-project.qt.audiosource' (FIXED)

Steve Schilz sschilz at pasco.com
Fri Feb 28 19:21:04 CET 2014

Yoann Lopes wrote:

>> It should work with qtmedia_audioengine added to QTPLUGIN. Is that one in "<qt_install>/plugins/mediaservice"?
>>
>> Yoann Lopes
>> Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
>> Visit us on: http://qt.digia.com

Adding QTPLUGIN += qtaudio_coreaudio qtmedia_audioengine  makes it start up...

After that it is crashing in AudioRecorder::ProcessBuffer() because AudioLevels.count == 0.
Probably should have a Q_ASSERT(audiolevels.count != 0) there...

I moved a bit of code from AudioRecorder::updateStatus, line 153, to a new method "initializeAudioLevels",
and called it from the constructor and also from case QMediaRecorder::RecordingStatus:, and now I can record files....

THANKS!

void AudioRecorder::initializeAudioRecorder()
{
       if (audioLevels.count() != audioRecorder->audioSettings().channelCount()) {
            qDeleteAll(audioLevels);
            audioLevels.clear();
            for (int i = 0; i < audioRecorder->audioSettings().channelCount(); ++i) {
                QAudioLevel *level = new QAudioLevel(ui->centralwidget);
                audioLevels.append(level);
                ui->levelsLayout->addWidget(level);
            }
        }
}

i can email you a patch file if you like.
I would be willing to contribute a patch directly, but I'm kind of intimidated by getting set up with gerrit and all..

Steve Schilz