[Interest] Having an issue with a font

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Thu Jan 2 09:30:44 CET 2014

2013/12/20 Rogers Nate <nate.rogers at raymondcorp.com>

>  I am having an issue where sometimes certain letters of one of the fonts
> I am using are getting corrupted.  It is not always the same letter, each
> time I do a build it changes, one time it may be a W then next time it’s a
> c or an h, sometimes it is none.  Anyway the font itself looks fine to me
> but I attached it for your review.  I also took a picture of the screen so
> you could see what is happening.  Notice the lowercase c and the lowercase
> h, it is especially noticeable on the c.  I am not sure what to do so any
> advice would be helpful.  Thanks!
>

> BTW I am using Qt5.1.1, eglfs platform, embedded Linux, on a am335x
> starter kit which has a 480x272 pixel 4.3in display.

I've seen the exact same rendering issue as well. In my case it happens
when using the "Ubuntu Mono" font. It only happens on the target hardware
using EGLFS (original beagleboard).

It's rather ugly, happens "randomly", and is especially visible on the
forward slash character ("/"). I didn't have time to investigate further so
I just chose another font for the time being.

I think you should report it as a bug (https://bugreports.qt-project.org).

Cheers,
Ola