[Interest] QtQuick real-time meter widget question (QML Loader-related)

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 17:02:46 CET 2014

I've created a real-time audio meter widget in QtQuick.  The meter is updated on a regular basis, and it is always visible on the top status bar of my app.

1. Is there a way to run this meter so that it will not be blocked by any QML Loader activity?  (I have some launcher icons on a sidebar which control what QML is loaded to appear in the common "desktop" client area of my display.)

My hope is that the meter could be put directly into the scene graph somehow, and run on the render thread.  (I've had success doing that with the new YAnimator in Qt 5.2, but I don't know how to do this for my own QtQuick widget.)

- VStevenP