[Interest] QtQuick real-time meter widget question (QML Loader-related)

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Jan 6 11:14:16 CET 2014

2014/1/3 VStevenP <vstevenpavao at yahoo.com>

> 1. Is there a way to run this meter so that it will not be blocked by any
> QML Loader activity?  (I have some launcher icons on a sidebar which
> control what QML is loaded to appear in the common "desktop" client area of
> my display.)
>
> My hope is that the meter could be put directly into the scene graph
> somehow, and run on the render thread.  (I've had success doing that with
> the new YAnimator in Qt 5.2, but I don't know how to do this for my own
> QtQuick widget.)

I think that if you want to not have the meter interrupted by anything
happening in the QML code, you'll have to implement your meter item in C++,
and render it with custom geometry which is synchronized directly with your
audio data (not using signals/slots etc).

Before that though, did you try to set the asynchronous property to true
for your Loader items? They should cause less blocking that way.

Cheers,
Ola