[Interest] Cannot play video on Windows (Media session serious error) -2147467262

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Tue Jan 14 13:27:03 CET 2014

Hi,

the last Qt version that played videos on my machines was Qt 5.0.1.
Since then I'm only getting errors.

There is already a bug report with many comments and improvements have
been made as well. Unfortunately I still have many machines that won't
play any video. It looks like the common thing are Intel integrated
graphic adapters.

If anyone has similar troubles or is otherwise able to contribute please
have a look at this bug:

Also for testing here is example code and a zip containing the binary
and all dependent libs:
* http://kodira.de/dropbox/misc/videotest-qtcreator.zip
* http://kodira.de/dropbox/misc/videotest-executable.zip

Sorry for the cross posting, but I'm kind of desperate since I really
need working video but also need the bug fixes that have been made since
Qt 5.0.1.

Thanks!
Conny