[Interest] Detach widget from QDockWidget

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Wed Jan 15 18:15:04 CET 2014

Hi,

In my app, I have tabs in the main window. A dock widget allows setting
display options for the current tab.

Since each tab may have a different dock widget options layout, I was
considering the following:
 - Each tab keeps a QWidget options dialog on its own
 - When a tab is selected, the main window sets this widget in the dock
widget.

However, it seems that once QDockWidget::setWidget is used, the given
widget cannot be detached from it. So it seems I have to recreate a widget
every time, and reconfigure it.

Any simple idea? Is it possible to detach from a QDockWidget?

Thanks!

Etienne