[Interest] Qt Quick 2.0 demo failing

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 19 02:57:18 CET 2014

On 1/17/2014 8:44 AM, Bob Hood wrote:
> On 1/17/2014 7:16 AM, ?? wrote:
>>     Maybe you should look at
>> this: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,75485
>
> Wow, just caught.  Ok, thanks.  :)

Just an update:

Following this[1], I pulled down Qt5 from git, applied the above patch, and
built/installed for Android following the instructions on the web page.  It
continued to give me the error message.  I added a diagnostic that showed the
hardware info for my Galaxy Tab 3, and it reports:

W/Qt  (17882): ../src/androidjnimain.cpp:428 (QString
QtAndroid::deviceName()): Hardware info:  "samsung SM-T210R"

The approved patch has hard-coded model names, one being "samsung SM-T210", so
that value fails to match my device exactly.  Not knowing the reasons the
patch was designed this way (instead of something a bit fuzzier that would
catch more model variations), I put in a line specifically for my device, and
built/installed again.  Now instead of getting a black screen and error
messages, I'm getting a white screen and no error messages.

(This last may be my fault, because I had to disable the check for
"android-11" in the qtmultimedia/ module, since my Android SDK only has
"android-19" in it, and I cannot find the Android SDK version [Honeycomb?]
that has the "android-11" JAR file.)

[1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ForAndroidBuilding