[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 28, Issue 19

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Mon Jan 20 08:40:06 CET 2014

On Thursday, Thursday 09 January 2014 at 15:42, Igor Mironchik wrote:
> > You may use TEMPLATE = subdirs feature of qmake to specify your lib as
> > a separate subproject.
>
> I know about TEMPLATE = subdirs feature. But in my situation it wasn't
> possible. I've really needed to define extra target in app's .pro file.
>
> I've found the solution:
>
> QtMWidgets.commands += cd ../../../src && $(QMAKE) && $(MAKE)
> QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS += QtMWidgets
> PRE_TARGETDEPS += QtMWidgets

See also: http://silmor.de/qtstuff.subdirs.php

You CAN use subdirs and have multiple targets in the same directory or any
combination of directories. The nice feature about using subdirs is that
additional targets are not hidden in less-well-known features, each target has
its own project-file that can be tuned separately, and you are not dependent
on the platform shell to understand your command (the above would probably not
work with Visual Studio).

	Konrad