[Interest] QtThread

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:43:53 CET 2014

Am 21.01.2014 um 10:54 schrieb George Tasopoulos <tasopoulos.yorghos at gmail.com>:

> Does Qt have a way to check code before it's given to the compiler?

In theory yes: the moc pre-processor does parse the code (but only for relevant classes).

But I don't think that adding "code validation" to moc would be a good idea ;)

That only leaves a runtime check, but as you say: the only thing that QObject::moveToThread gets to see is a pointer to a QThread - which can be any instance.

But *quickly* thinking about it: in theory the implementation /could/ do a check like:

  // did we just move "ourselves" to the thread?
  if (targetThread == this) then
    // error

No?

Cheers,