[Interest] QtThread

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Jan 22 10:29:42 CET 2014

Constantin Makshin schreef op 21-1-2014 18:48:

> There's no real need to use debug version of Qt if you don't want to
> debug Qt itself, so in most cases the programmer won't see that warning.

Disagree there. There is every reason to run debug application code
against debug Qt libraries. If only because it enables asserts that
catch programming mistakes. So yes, I do think a check that emits a
warning at debug would be useful, and as demonstrated, it would be
trivial to implement. I agree with Bo's argument that speed is not a
main issue for moveToThread, more so if this is to work in debug mode
only anyway.

André