[Interest] curve’s width in inch on different displays

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Thu Jan 23 16:43:04 CET 2014

On 23 Jan 2014, at 11:00 AM, Portale Alessandro wrote:

> [...]

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qscreen.html#physicalDotsPerInch-prop

The logical dots-per-inch value is more likely to be wrong, because of the convention of pretending that every HiDPI display is twice as dense as a regular-resolution monitor (on Mac OSX, these are set to 144 and 72 respectively, even though it's usually more in reality).

There are also displays that don't report correct values in the EDID info, which is where physicalDotsPerInch comes from on desktop platforms, assuming your operating system reads that info.  But it can usually be overridden in the OS (except on MacOS), so if Qt doesn't report correct values in physicalDotsPerInch it can be corrected.