[Interest] QSqlDatabase and Multithreading

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 23 17:51:42 CET 2014

On quinta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2014 10:23:51, André Somers wrote:
> > http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qmutex.html#RecursionMode-enum
>
> If I understand it correctly, the slow mode Thiago was telling about is
> the one that provides the behavior that Philipp was asking about, right?

It is. 	I asked the question because I had talked about the performance of
recursive mode in my email that Philipp replied to. I was a bit confused about
the question.

Now, while the difference in performance was quite surprising, I must point out
that it's still plenty fast. It just happens that CRITICAL_SECTIONS are
faster. I should also point out that QMutex is optimised for uncontended
situations, which is the most common case for GUI applications shuffling some
data to worker threads.