[Interest] Annoying Bug - Qt 4.8.1 bug?

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu Jan 23 17:55:18 CET 2014

Hi,

This still crashes on 4.8.5

I changed the example so that the dialog is triggered by a timer. So that
you do not need to kill your mouse/keyboard buttons to reach the crash, but
just wait and drink a coffee.

I'm now quite convinced that a deferred delete event posted by
WA_DeleteOnClose is queued after an event calling setValue, and since
setValue processes the event loop it causes the QProgressDialog to
self-destruct during execution of its member function. No full proof
however.

Cheers,

Etienne