[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 13:20:55 CET 2014

On 24 January 2014 12:03, Scott Aron Bloom <scott.bloom at onshorecs.com> wrote:
> What is probably happening, is you are calling an ssl based connection, and since you are not shipping the openssl dlls that qt was built against, its picking up one someone else on the system.  Unfortunately, openssl is HORRIBLE for binary compatibility...
>
> Ship the DLLs.. or don't try to connect to secure connections
Thanks for the suggestions, however as I mentioned the Qt 5.2.0
distribution does not contain the DLLs for me to ship. The only thing
I have is QtWebkit which is opening up Google image search (which I
assume is triggering the SSL connection, although I am not
specifically requiring it).

The problem is that I have no Qt 5.2.0 OpenSSL DLL on my developer
machine to ship with the installer. Since Richard Moore kindly
corrected me about the fact that Qt doesn't have an internally linked
OpenSSL library, I am kind of still at square one.

This leads me to two things:

1, How is Qt 5.2.0 able to make SSL connections when the required
DLL's are not shipped in the pre-compiled Qt downloads?
2, How can I stop the error message when there is no DLLs for me to bundle?

Regards
Phil