[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:39:14 CET 2014

Am 24.01.2014 um 14:34 schrieb Richard Moore <rich at kde.org>:

> On 24 January 2014 13:27, Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And even if you don't connect to those services, QWebKit will still try to resolve that OpenSSL library - or is that a deferred initialisation until a https connection is attempted? Then you would be lucky, because that would mean you could try to supress those https connections. But I doubt that is the case (the deferred initialisation)
>
> It is deferred, the first attempt to (for example) open an https URL
> (or related activities like configuring ciphers) triggers the search.

Well, that's the answer then for the OP: "Don't open HTTPS connections (and make sure your users cannot either) - or provide all necessary OpenSSL + dependencies yourself. Use Dependency Walker to figure out exactly which those are and make sure they - and only they! - are found by QWebkit at runtime (probably by placing them next to your *.exe)."

:)

Cheers,
  Oliver