[Interest] Shiping Qt binaries

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 22:26:01 CET 2014

Am 24.01.2014 um 22:17 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com>:

> Am 24.01.2014 um 20:53 schrieb Jonathan Greig <redteam316 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Igor,
>> From what I understand, you need to create another directory in the same directory as your executable called platforms and put the qwindows.dll there, otherwise it won't work. I felt this was a little clunky when switching from Qt4 to Qt5.
>
> The only thing that has changed since Qt 4 is the addition of several "platform plugins" which are now mandatory to deploy.

Oh and yes: "Dependency Walker" (depends.exe) is your best friend: pay extra attention to the dependencies of each plugin, especially the platform plugins.

Also keep in mind that certain "optional dependencies" might only be triggered when you execute certain operations, e.g. connecting via HTTPS (-> the required "OpenSLL.dll" library and more will be pulled in - see other discussion about "libeasy.dll"(?). So make sure to also "profile" your app with depends.exe, in case you do networking or other "cryptographic stuff".

Cheers,
  Oliver