[Interest] Shiping Qt binaries

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Sat Jan 25 08:49:49 CET 2014

Den 24-01-2014 21:33, Igor Mironchik skrev:
> Hi.
>
> How to correct ship Qt binaries (dlls and plugins) for Win 7 platform
> (MSVC 2013)?
>
> I've copied all neccessary Qt dlls to the directory with executable. In
> that directory I've created "plugins" directory and copy there all
> plugins with subfolders. I.e., for example,
> "plugins/platforms/qwindows.dll"...
>
> But when I launch my app on the macine that doesn't have Qt installed I
> receive following error:
>
> "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the
> Qt platform plugin"windows". Reinstalling the application may fix this
> problem".

Hi Igor,

I have the following list of files installed in the target dir on Windows:

bin/executable.exe
bin/icudt51.dll
bin/icuin51.dll
bin/icuuc51.dll
bin/libeay32.dll
bin/libEGL.dll
bin/libGLESv2.dll
bin/qt.conf
bin/Qt5Core.dll
bin/Qt5Gui.dll
bin/Qt5Network.dll
bin/Qt5OpenGL.dll
bin/Qt5PrintSupport.dll
bin/Qt5Qml.dll
bin/Qt5Quick.dll
bin/Qt5Sensors.dll
bin/Qt5Sql.dll
bin/Qt5V8.dll
bin/Qt5WebKit.dll
bin/Qt5WebKitWidgets.dll
bin/Qt5Widgets.dll
bin/Qt5Xml.dll
bin/ssleay32.dll
plugins/platforms/qwindows.dll
plugins/sqldrivers/qsqlite.dll

I have run the vcredist as part of the install procedure. It's Qt 5.1
with visual studio 2010.

The qt.conf file in bin looks like this:

[Paths]
Prefix = ..

This is what I did to make Qt find the plugins in the place where I
wanted it.

I hope this helps.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS
Integrated Computer Solutions. Delivering World-Class Applications