[Interest] libeay32.dll - The Ordinal 4369 could not be located

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 10:14:32 CET 2014

Am 27.01.2014 um 10:05 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com>:

> "...Loading OpenSSL libraries The ssl libraries are handled specially, and searched in this order (we cannot expect them to always be in the system folder): 1. Application path 2. System libraries path 3. Trying all paths inside the PATH environment variable"
> However the question remains: how come an attempt was (again?) made in the scenario given by the OP to pickup a library from somewhere in the PATH

To answer my own question: NO, the question does not remain, as it is clearly documented in the commit message (had I cared myself to read it through fully myself ;)).

So the search order of the QSystemLibrary is /not/ the same as the one of a (naive) hard-dependency DLL ("DLL search order"), but still involves PATH (if a malicious process can change PATH, them it's probably too late for anything anyway, I assume)! Mystery solved :)

Cheers,
  Oliver