[Interest] Qt 5.2 Self Built Assistant Application has no index

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 21:54:21 CET 2014

I built Qt 5.2 this weekend on OS X 10.8.5 using Xcode 4.6.x and after installation the QtAssistant application does not seem to have an "index" or anyway to search for anything. All the GUI elements are there but if I click on the "Index" tab and type something (QString) nothing shows in the list of pages. In fact the list of pages is empty when I launch the app. I am sure I am missing something straight forward in the build to make this happen.

Here is my configure line:
./configure -opensource -confirm-license -debug-and-release -shared -largefile -arch x86_64  -prefix /Users/Shared/Toolkits/Qt-5.2.0-Cocoa

then: make
     make install

Thanks for any help
--