[Interest] Strange socket problem. QTcpSocket. Windows/Linux

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 09:48:44 CET 2014

> Can you say what is happening at the TCP level? Are the packets being sent? Do
> they have the PSH flag set? Does the TV send back ACK packets?

To tell you the truth, I don't know. This is normally a bit too low-level for me.
More or less I moved on, because even if I had seen a problem within the TCP
packets, I still would have been unable to fix it. If you are interested, I would start
wireshark again and check for the PSH flag and ACK packets. But not before this weekend.
I don't think it is a problem in my code or in Qt, else the E series should be affected,
too.

> Is the problem that it should be replying with data over the TCP connection,
> but isn't?

Yes. When I do a QTcpSocket::write(const QByteArray & byteArray) the correct number
of bytes written is returned.

Guido