[Interest] Text rendering, QPainter on QWidget vs. QImage on X11

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Mon Jan 6 16:54:32 CET 2014

Hi,

if I render text using Qt / QPainter to a QWidget directly or first into a QImage (in some background thread) and then
paint that image on the widget, I get differences in the rendering result. It seems to only occur if sub-pixel hinting is enabled.

Is there a way to enforce the same result for both methods?

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com