[Interest] Qt 5.2 QML Startup Time

Daiwei Li daiweili at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:32:05 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm looking into upgrading my QML/C++ app (about ~150-200 QML files) from
Qt 5.1 to Qt 5.2 and have noticed a large increase in startup time. I
measured the time it took from QQmlApplicationEngine::load to the
objectCreated signal being fired for the window and I'm seeing about 1
second on Qt 5.1 and 4 seconds on Qt 5.2. I've tried both using qrc and a
custom NetworkAccessManager to load the files and see about the same times.

Does anyone know what could account for this increase? Did something change
with regards to QML file loading? Did the compilation of the QML
change/slow down significantly?

Thanks,
Daiwei