[Interest] QML blur behind window

Gunnar Sletta gunnar.sletta at jolla.com
Fri Jan 31 08:21:57 CET 2014

On 30 Jan 2014, at 17:11, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> QML has some high quality blur effects. I have a semi transparent
> window and want to blur whats behind it, so it's semi-transparent but
> the space behind it should be blurred. Can this be done in QML?

If you have access to the content behind your window as an OpenGL texture at the time you are rendering the window, then yes. On a desktop platform this is typically not the case. If your building an embedded system with your own compositor, for instance based on qtwayland, then it would be doable.

If you're "desktop" is a single QQuickWindow and your semi-transparent items are child QML items, then this is also possible.

cheers,
Gunnar