[Interest] [QML] How to create a sub Window for Window {...}

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Mon Jun 2 08:54:36 CEST 2014

What do you mean by sub window?  If you mean you are trying to create an MDI interface, with a window acting as a desktop and having more windows inside, that's not supported in Qt Quick and is unlikely at this point, since the widgets implementation turned out to be quite bug-prone, and MDI has anyway mostly fallen out of fashion.  When you declare a Window inside a Window, it becomes "transient for" the outer window: a hint is given to the window manager that they are related to each other, so usually it will be shown centered over its transient parent.