[Interest] Qt-based android app: StartApp's exit banners are not shown

Alexander Ivash elderorb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:00:49 CEST 2014

I'm trying to integrate StartApp's exit banners (startapp.com) into
Qt-based android application but I can't get them working properly - they
are not shown on exiting from application using 'back' button (although
they work as expected on pressing 'home' button). The issue seems to be
Qt-specific, because I didn't observe such an issue with native android's
applications. Integration with StartApp sdk is extremely simple:

    // inside the QtActivity subclass
    @Override
    public void onBackPressed() {
        if(startAppAd != null)
            startAppAd.onBackPressed();
        super.onBackPressed();
    }

... so it very unlikely I made a mistake (actually I just copy-pasted
working code from native android app into Qt-based). It seems like Qt
handles onBackPressed in a bit different way than android. Or QtActivity
disallows spawning new activities during exit. Or even something more
strange. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to proceed
further with resolving the issue.