[Interest] Fwd: QtCreator, non-Qt project, GCC and C++11 - Apologies for sending to wrong list

William Hallatt goblincoding at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:25:46 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

Trying to set up a non-Qt project compatible with C++11 and using GCC, but
QtCreator keeps highlighting C++11 syntax with messages such as "auto' is a
C++11 extension".

I am confident that my kits are set up correctly (building Qt applications
that use C++11 works fine). For the non-Qt project I am trying, I have
tried various combinations of adding

CONFIG += c++11

and/or

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11

but no luck.

GCC 4.7.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Qt 5.3, QtCreator 3.1.1 (for Linux 64 bit).

FYI, I literally only created a new, non-Qt C++ project and have not added
any files, nor changed the .pro other than in the above manner.  The only
code I added to the generated main.cpp is

int x[10] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 };

for( auto i : x )
{
   int bob = 0;
}