[Interest] QMessageBox copy to clipboard

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Wed Jun 4 08:50:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

We're displaying an error message with QMessageBox and we'd like to make
it easy for the user to copy the detailed text to the clipboard. I'd
like to add a button to do this, but I don't want to dismiss the dialog
at the same time.

It looks like I can add any button with QMessageBox::addButton, but any
button will cause the message box to close. Is there another way?

I'm aware that the detailed text has select/copy functions but that's
not very user friendly.

thanks
Hamish