[Interest] Qt 5.3 OSX: Debugging failed

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:49:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

I just installed the latest Qt 5.3 binary for Mac (desktop), after I
completely uninstalled the previous Qt 5.2.1 (with its Maintenance tool).

I then launched Qt Creator, chose "Rebuild everything from scratch"
("Alles neu erstellen") as usual and then tried debugging my application
(which was built in debug mode).

On the log console in then get:

Debuggen beginnt
Debuggen schlug fehl
Debuggen beendet

(Debugging starts, failed, ended).

And that's that. My application does not start at all (that is, the main
window is never shown at any point in time).

That's the first time that I saw such a thing with Qt/Creator.

Under Settings / "Creation and Execution" ("Erstellen und Ausführen") in
the "Debug" tab I see:

* Automatically detected
  GDB from System in /usr/bin/gdb
  LLDB from System in /usr/bin/lldb
  LLDB from System in
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/lldb

In the "Qt Versions" tab I have only one entry (I deleted the stale Qt
5.2.1 entry manually):

* Automatically detected
  /Users/tknoll/Qt5.3.0/5.3/clang_64/bin/qmake

That is with Xcode 5.1.1 installed (with Command Line tools, however I
think they are not required anymore with recent Qt builds, as the Qt
installer and Qt Creator detect the tools from
/Applications/Xcode.app/... just fine these days) on OS X 10.8.5
"Mountain Lion".

I remember faintly that with previous Qt Creator versions I had to build
some "debug helper libraries" somewhere in the Settings - is this still
required? I don't find this option anymore...

Any ideas what else to check? (Qt Creator is the one shipped with above
Qt 5.3 binary).

Thanks, Oliver