[Interest] qml performance with Qt5.2

Nancy Zou Nancy.Zou at csr.com
Tue Jun 17 04:14:59 CEST 2014

Dear All
I know Qt5.2 have a big performance increase, but I don't find my qml application have some performance increase compared with Qt5.0.
I write some of my qml like that:
Rectangle {
id: rect
width: 800
height: 480
color: "green"
visible: true
 Text {
   color: "black"
   text: "a test"
   opcity:1
    SequentialAnimation on opacity
            {
              loops: Animation.Infinite^M
                PropertyAnimation { to: 1; duration: 5000 }
            }
   }
Rectangle {
  id: rect1
  width: 200
  height: 200
  color: "red"
  opacity:0
}
}

Sometimes I want some item invisible, so I set opacity to 0. But I know visible: false can make item invisible too. Which one should better to choose?
If the opacity is 0, does the item still drawing? I suspect it's why my qml can't run good on Qt5.2.
I want to ask how to write a good qml  file to make full use of Qt5.2 optimization.

Thank you.
Best Regards
Nancy

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.