[Interest] question about the Window.data: property

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:03:47 CET 2014

I am confused about the Qt 5.2.1 API docs for the "data" property of
Window. It says this:

"The data property allows you to freely mix visual children, resources and
other Windows in a Window.
If you assign another Window to the data list, the nested window will
become "transient for" the outer Window. If you assign an Item to the data
list, it becomes a child of the Window's contentItem, so that it appears
inside the window. The item's parent will be the window's contentItem,
which is the root of the Item ownership tree within that Window. If you
assign any other object type, it is added as a resource."

Question 1: What is a "resource" in this context? Is it somehow related to
the .qrc file?
Question 2: I am currently setting the data: property to be a *list* of
labelled non-visual QML types, such as Actions, or reusable UI components,
such as Dialogs.

Am I using data: in the correct way? Is it somehow described in the docs
above?