[Interest] Process started with QProcess::startDetached is still a child, and is killed when parent quits

alexander golks alex at golks.de
Thu Mar 6 08:49:08 CET 2014

Am Wed, 5 Mar 2014 21:40:11 +0100 (CET)
schrieb Wiebe Cazemier <wiebe at halfgaar.net>:

> So, how do I really start a detached process? Is there a similar way to how Linux parents orphaned processes to init?

i have a process to restart a service at a given time, and i do it this way:

  QProcess* batchProcess=new QProcess();
  batchProcess->start(batchFilename);

QProcess destructor kills the procress, perhaps thats your issue, too. so when using a "dangling" pointer process, the process itself lives on.

i must confess, i don't know, how windows handles this, but it works ;)

alex

--
/*
 *  printk(KERN_WARNING "GSCD: DMA kann ich noch nicht!\n");