[Interest] qmake scope issue

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 18:02:13 CET 2014

Hi,

I want to run some commands in release build so I used the mentioned tip
in FAQ section
<https://qt-project.org/faq/answer/how_to_deal_correctly_with_project_files_that_should_generate_a_debug_and_r>
but unfortunately system function called in both DEBUG and RELEASE mode

How can I fix this issue?

P.S.

  * When I tried to remove CONFIG+=release and CONFIG-=debug qmake stuck
    at error("You can't build setup under DEBUG mode")
  * I'm using Qt 5.2.1 / Qt Creator 3.0.1 under Windows 8 Pro

QT       += core
QT       -= gui
TARGET   = dummy
TEMPLATE = app
CONFIG   += console
CONFIG   -= app_bundle
CONFIG   += release
CONFIG   -= debug
SOURCES += main.cpp

build_pass:CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
     win32: error("You can't build setup under DEBUG mode")
}
else:build_pass {
     win32 {
         !exists("main.cpp"  ) {