[Interest] Using OpenGL with Qt

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Mon Mar 17 09:47:36 CET 2014

Le 17/03/2014 09:28, Agocs Laszlo a écrit :
> Some notes about QOpenGLFunctions:
>
> One QOpenGLFunctions belongs to one QOpenGLContext. Creating additional instances of QOpenGLFunctions for the same context will automatically share the internals behind the scenes so "it's way too much memory and time for each to resolve is functions" should not be the case. Also, functions that are never called are never resolved.

This is great :-) So I guess the internals are also shared between shared contexts?
And does this mean the QOpenGLFunctions_* default constructor will do "the right
thing", assuming there's a current context?

If that's the case, then subclassing is no longer an issue.

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developer   -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/