[Interest] Qt 5.3 Build Error for iOS - ATSFont

Brian Dentino brian.dentino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:09:11 CET 2014

Hi all,

I recently tried compiling Qt 5.3.0-alpha for iOS and ran into a number of
build errors related to ATSFont declarations:

https://gist.github.com/bdentino/9592695

It looked like all of these errors were caused by attempting to compile
code only processed when the HAVE_ATS macro is nonzero. So I found where it
is actually defined (qcoretextfontdatabase_p.h : line 46) and explicitly
set it to 0.

   1. #define HAVE_ATS 0//QT_MAC_PLATFORM_SDK_EQUAL_OR_ABOVE(__MAC_10_5,
   __IPHONE_NA)

After making that change and cleaning out the previous build, I was able to
successfully compile.

I'm hoping someone out there can help me determine if this is a bug or if
my build is just misconfigured. Specifically, is HAVE_ATS supposed to be
defined for the iOS build? If so, do the above font errors make any sense?
Or should I expect any undefined Qt behavior as a result of explicitly
setting it to 0 for this build?

I'm setup on OSX 10.9.2, Xcode 5.1, and iOS SDK 7.1. Here is the command I
used to configure the build:

   1. ../Source/configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake
   tests -prefix $PWD/qtbase -debug-and-release -xplatform macx-ios-clang -
   openssl -I /Users/bdentino/Documents/GitHub/OpenSSL-for-iPhone/include/ -
   confirm-license

Anyone have any insight?

Brian