[Interest] QUdpSocket and IPv6

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 16:20:36 CET 2014

Hey, all.  This is just a quick question about IPv4 and IPv6 support in
QUdpSocket.

I've written a datagram-based client/server application using QUdpSocket, and
it functions perfectly well on my IPv4-based internal network.  The client
uses IPv4 datagram broadcasting to discover the server on the network.  I
don't have an IPv6 network set up to test on, and I'm wondering if an
out-of-the-box QUdpSocket will silently and automatically support an IPv6
network if the application is installed into that environment, or if there is
something extra and explicit I need to do to account for that before I deploy
anything.

I've read the docs for QUdpSocket and aside from the multicast support, I've
not seen anything explicitly mentioning IPv4-vs-IPv6 in the class.