[Interest] QCompleter

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Fri Mar 28 10:39:27 CET 2014

Hi
I am trying to get QCompleter to behave as follows -
complete folder names but only show files with a given extension
So for example

C:\ - user sees all folders under C
C:\my - user sees all folders that match
C:\myFolder\a - user sees all folders that match + any files that match a*.myext

I have played with the various options in QDirModel and QFileSystemModel but cannot find the correct combination.

Is this possible with QCompleter as it is or do I need to derive from it to get some extra functionality?

Thanks