[Interest] FW: TDD in QML

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Mon May 5 10:35:42 CEST 2014

In fact, it is quite troublesome to do TDD over QML. Although Qt has
provided the Qt Quick Test module, it don't support dummydata  like Qt
Quick Designer. I have tried to run tst_xxx.qml via the C++ test framework
but it can not use the TestCase object. It depends on QTestRootObject which
is a private class.

So now I could only use Qt Quick Test to test module which don't relay on
context object . For other module , I would let the C++ test framework to
setup an environment with dummydata loaded , then execute the QML module.
However, it just used as a gallery of widget . It show how the component
looks and the interaction with user. It will report if there any error
raised during execution . No any detailed tests are carried.