[Interest] QWidget resize on ios

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed May 7 10:55:03 CEST 2014

On 6 May 2014, at 6:36 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Em ter 06 maio 2014, às 17:40:56, oxygen77.ct escreveu:
>> Ok that I can understand but it's still strange that it can't be overridden.
>
> It's not supported on iOS because the QPA plugin has no support for it. Maybe
> because the system has no support for it, but I can't tell you for certain
> because I don't know iOS's API.
>
>> And for Qmessagebox they should at least be like the one from native ui?
>
> Yes, but that will not happen. There is no port of QtWidgets to the iOS native
> UI.
>
> The best you can get with it is Windows95 or Fusion styles on iOS. Which are
> not touch-enabled.

We do recommend using QtQuick especially for touch-oriented UIs.  MessageDialog from QtQuick.Dialogs will be shown at a reasonable size, not full screen (although it still has other bugs, mainly about correct sizing of the dialog if you ask for too many buttons or change the number of buttons after showing it; but the simple use cases are generally OK).  It's also possible in the future that there could be a native message dialog implementation, as has already been done on Android; but I don't know the details of how that is done with Cocoa APIs and whether or how soon it will be done.  (It could probably be done similarly on OSX, too.)  So for now, MessageDialog in QtQuick.Dialogs uses the pure QML implementation on iOS, and there is also the plain widget implementation in QMessageBox.