[Interest] Qt for NaCl port

Daiwei Li daiweili at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:54:26 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm investigating porting an existing C++/QML application to Google NaCl,
and I found that Qt had attempted a port a couple years ago:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_for_Google_Native_Client. From what I've
found online, it looks like it's unsupported and no longer works with the
latest Qt and NaCl toolchain.

I'm currently only looking into porting what's necessary for getting the
QML engine/renderer running. Can anyone familiar with NaCl think of any
showstoppers for this subset of Qt functionality? It looks like NaCl has an
implementation of OpenGLES2, and worst case, if it doesn't support JIT, V4
has an interpreter option.

Does anyone have experience with the Qt for NaCl project? Any
tips/advice/considerations on attempting such a port?

Thanks,
Daiwei