[Interest] Bug (?) in qtbase/configure for Mac

Eric Feigenson eric at feigenson.net
Tue May 13 00:26:53 CEST 2014

In this case "Correct" means the value of -sdk macosx10.8 is used.  Otherwise it's ignored and I get the wrong value for -isysroot.

If the line in qdevice.pri is:

!host_build:QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.8

then the value of QMAKE_MAC_SDK is null/undefined.  In that case, what I see is this:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -o qlibraryinfo.o -pipe -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk ...

It appears that the -sdk macosx10.8 flag is being ignored in this case.

If the line is:

QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.8

Then this happens:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -o qlibraryinfo.o -pipe -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk ...

Which is what I'd expect.

I tried tracing through configure and make to figure out where all this happens, but I haven't been able to so far.  My evidence is circumstantial, but in order to be able to build with -sdk macosx10.8, I had to make the change indicated in configure.

Regards,
Eric