[Interest] Using Qt3D with Qt 5.2.1

Morgan McKenzie rmtm at uvic.ca
Sun May 18 00:18:50 CEST 2014

It's not actually part of Qt, you need to build it.  However, this is pretty easy to do.
If you have git, simply clone https://git.gitorious.org/qt/qt3d.git, or otherwise go to https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt3d and use the download.
If you like the command line, go to the folder you download it and run the following (note - I think make is actually a different command on windows,  maybe nmake for MSVC and mingw32-make for gcc? so use the one for your compiler)
qmakemakemake install
Or alternatively, open qt3d.pro in QtCreator, go into build settings and add another Make step with argument "install" (without the quotes).
Then you should be good to go! Note - I've had issues in the past with the Angle build of Qt and certain things in Qt3d (can't remember exactly what, it was a while ago)... if you experience strange behavior try downloading the OpenGL version of Qt instead and making sure you have updated drivers.

Regards,
Morgan McKenzie