[Interest] a few questions about QML Components

Alexander Ivash elderorb at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:51:48 CEST 2014

I was trying to use QML components in simple android application but
confronted several issues:

1. I couldn't find any API allowing to adjust widths of columns in
TableView based on the content. Do I understand right that the only way to
achieve this is to go through all the entries in model manually and
calculate maximum width using 'paintedWidth' of Text element? Does the
better way exist? For future would be really nice to have some property
like 'autoAdjustColumns'.

2. I couldn't find API for adjusting width of Combobox based on the
content. Again, what is the best way for doing this manually?

3. Combobox's auto-complete does seems to be working on android (Qt 5.3RC).
How can I 'subclass'/ extend QML Combobox to add missing logic?

4. In general QML Components doesn't look very good on android. Is there
any styles/themes available allowing to simulate android's look&feel for
QML components?

Thank you!