[Interest] Qt Resource Compiler - why does it randomize the order of items?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 19 18:40:48 CEST 2014

Em seg 19 maio 2014, às 21:58:31, Syam Krishnan escreveu:
> On 05/19/2014 09:52 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > If you need bitwise identical builds for the same source, set the same
> > hash
>
> > seed value:
> Can you clarify on that "bitwise identical builds for the same source".
> I was under the impression that with a C++ compiler, I get the same
> output for the same source. I've heard that things are different with
> C#/.Net.

You do get the above, provided the sources don't use some macro that changes
on every build, like __RANDOM__ or __DATETIME__.

It's frowned upon to use __DATETIME__ because of that. I've removed __DATE__
from Qt 5.4:
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/82774

> Is this something specific to Qt or rcc?

rcc. The compiler produces bitwise identical builds for the same sources. The
problem is that one source is changing.