[Interest] pb with 530 official release and MAC/OS

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Tue May 20 18:39:41 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have a problem reported by my MAC/OS testers with the brand new 530
official release. As it seems, there is a problem with
QMessageBox::show() which seems to be blocking eventLoop.

The sequence is like that:

         qWarning()<<"step 1";
         waitBox = new
QMessageBox(QMessageBox::Information,tr("testing"),
                                   tr("Please wait..."));
         qWarning()<<"step 2";
         waitBox->setStandardButtons(QMessageBox::NoButton);
         qWarning()<<"step 3";
         waitBox->show();
         qWarning()<<"step 4";
         QApplication::processEvents();
         qWarning()<<"step 5";
         parent->getMainWindow()->stopTimer();
         qWarning()<<"step 6";

If I run this under 530/MacOS, I see only up to "step 4" in the console.
If I remove processEvents() it continues, but I have problems later for
instance doing deleteLater() which never calls the destructor. As it
seems to me the event loop is locked.

Note that if I remove

waitBox->setStandardButtons(QMessageBox::NoButton);

and actually clicks on the OK button, then all is doing fine... If I
don't click I stay locked on the step 4, a bit like if I was using
exec() instead of show().

Under 521/Mac no problems with the same sequence. Under other platforms
and latest 530 no problem so far, so the case seems related to mac
release.

Can anyone confirm this?