[Interest] Slow touchscreen (eGalax) response in QML using evdevtouch plugin and eglfs platform

Georgije Bosiger gbosiger at gmail.com
Fri May 23 16:14:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have an embedded linux device with AM335x CPU on which I am running QML
applications using the eglfs platform. The Qt library version is 5.1. For
the input I have a touch panel with usb egalax controller that is used by
the evdevtouch plugin. Input works, but the problem is in performance. Only
slow movements are followed - on faster movements the position is updated
only on stop.

This behaviour can be seen even by simple QML app that writes the
coordinates on the screen. I have no problem if I use the mouse. If I run
the "ts_test" from tslib the touch screen works fine, so I guess the reason
is not in the driver.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or has a clue what can be done?