[Interest] Does anyone know how to do this (geo) Map feature in QML?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri May 23 21:28:25 CEST 2014

I need a small mapping QML Item that does the following: (Mobile platforms only)
 1. Gets the current location
 2. Displays a map, with the current location, centered and a marker in the center. (Mapping service can be google or open street maps.)
 3. User can reposition the map
 4. User can reposition the location marker on the repositioned map.
 5. It has a property of the marker's position, in GPS coordinates.

I'm confident in my ability to do #1,2, but I am not sure how to handle the re positioning of the map and of the marker, and of course, then accurately calculate report the marker position.

Not to mention managing the drag events for the map and the marker.