[Interest] Subclassing QIODevice and passing it to QXMLStreamReader

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at halfgaar.net
Sat May 24 20:08:02 CEST 2014

I'm trying to use a subclassed QIODevice for parsing XML with QXMLStreamreader, but no matter what I do, the data is not read.

The docs say:

> Subclasses of QIODevice are only required to implement
> the protected readData() and writeData() functions.

But no matter what I do, the code in my ReadData function is not executed. I also tried overriding basically all virtual functions, but none of them get called.

I wrote some test code using QTextStream with my custom QIODevice, which works perfectly.

I use QXMLStreamReader::readNext() to read through the buffer, so how does it read from the QIODevice?

Regards,

Wiebe